Group Yoga Classes
I teach Kundalini yoga classes, which is an integrative yogic system that helps us connect with our true selves and realize our dharma or our highest purpose. It will also help you ignite the passion in your life. My focus is on activating and aligning your chakras with a combination of posture, breathing, meditation and chanting to help you realize your highest potentials.
Group yoga classes are a wonderful way to learn yoga and/ or deepen and improve your current yoga practice in a community of like-minded people who are also committed to upleveling their health. Attending a group yoga class is a great way to have the support of others motivated by health and wellness. It can be hard to motivate yourself to do a regular practice on your own and having the support of a group and a teacher will carry you through during tough times. They are also an excellent way to build and expand your community. Lets face it, we can’t do this thing called “life” alone. My yoga classes are theme-based series with specific intentions and goals.
Kundalini Yoga & Meditation for Prosperity and Manifestation
11 week series
In our Yurt in NE PDX Feb 12th- April 22nd
Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm
Come join us on this powerful journey of unlocking your soul’s potential in order to attract and magnetize prosperity for manifesting what you want to create in your life for 2020.
Kundalini Yoga is the yoga of awareness, energetic charge and creative unfolding. Through specific combinations of posture, breath, mantra, hand positions, energetic locks and meditation, we gradually awaken our kundalini energy to infuse our life with purpose and vitality. As a result, we activate our intuitive knowing, passion and full self expression.
- Through the tools of kundalini yoga, you naturally become prosperous
- You are able to manifest the life of our dreams by aligning with your highest potential.
Prosperity is about having your needs met, sourcing your joy, abundance and purpose from within to magnetize and create your destiny rather than chasing after it. It is much deeper than just material wealth. Many wealthy people are empty and not prosperous at all.
- Yogi Bhajan teaches that there are two ways to manifest in life.
- Magnetize your dreams
- Or Chase after them.
“Magnetize everything towards you. What you need, it will be in balance; it will be beautiful; you can enjoy it. The other way is to run after it. You’ll be running all the time; home will be empty.” Yogi Bhajan
According to Yoga Bhajan, “True prosperity happens when our own being comes into a state of flowering. Each of us has something unique to share. When we walk the path of our soul’s calling, known as destiny, that is prosperity. Prosperity is the state where you are YOU. As you vibrate your Self, everything you need shall come to you. Be yourSelf, and Mother Nature will serve you.”
In this class series, we will cover basic to intermediate Kundalini Yoga with a specific emphasis on awakening the chakras, or subtle energy centers of our awareness in service of prosperity.
- To maximize the full benefits, we recommend attending the whole series or multiple sessions.
- Classes take place in our beautiful yurt in the Parkrose Neighborhood on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8pm.
- $10-15 Donation/Class (Donation Jar At Entry)
- We will be alternating teaching classes between the 2 of us.
- We have some mats, but please bring one if you have your own.
- Class size is limited to 15 people, so please RSVP.
- Some parking onsite on our driveway and street parking available. We are near several public transportation hubs. Message us for the details.
Mark Shekoyan, Phd has been a certified Kundalini Yoga instructor since 1994, and KRI certified since 1999. Along with martial arts and qi gong, he loves to practice and share mind/body/spirit technologies with others. He has taught Kundalini Yoga in wide contexts ranging from universities and corporate health programs to Burning Man. He is thrilled to be co-teaching with his beloved partner, Jaynie.
Jaynie Farnsworth, MA is a certified Ayurvedic Wellness Consultant, Acupressure practitioner & Kundalini Yoga KRI instructor. Her expertise is steeped in over 12 years of personal and professional study in Yoga and Ayurveda. Jaynie’s passion for the healing arts and learning brought her to India, Southeast Asia and Latin America. Being a lifelong swimmer, she brings a profound awareness of the body’s innate healing abilities to her work.
- Class Outline: Feb 12th- April 29th
- Feb 12th: Intro to the series: Kriya for Elevation. In order to generate prosperity and to manifest, we must elevate our consciousness
- Feb 19th: Kundalini Manifestation kriya & mantra meditation
- Feb 26th: Kundalini yoga for clearing blocks to manifest prosperity
- March 4th: Green Energy Kriya for Prosperity
- March 11th: Subagh Kriya for Prosperity
- March 18th: Kriya and meditation for prosperity, fulfillment and success.
- March 25th: Kundalini Kriya for manifesting your destiny
- April 1st: Moving from Karma to dharma to align with prosperity
- April 8th: Kundalini yoga for manifesting your dreams & true purpose
- April 15th: Kundalini yoga for becoming a powerful magnet
- April 22nd: Kundalini yoga for Unlocking your soul’s potential to manifest and attract your potential
- April 29th: Kundalini yoga for vibrating your highest self and everything you need will come to you.
Mark Shekoyan, Ph.D. has been a certified Kundalini Yoga instructor since 1994, and KRI certified since 1999. Along with martial arts and qigong, he loves to practice and share mind/body/spirit technologies with others. He has taught Kundalini Yoga in wide contexts ranging from universities and corporate health programs to Burning Man. He is thrilled to be co-teaching with his beloved partner, Jaynie.
Jaynie Farnsworth, MA is a certified Ayurvedic Wellness Consultant, Acupressure practitioner & Kundalini Yoga KRI instructor. Her expertise is steeped in over 12 years of personal and professional study in Yoga and Ayurveda. Jaynie’s passion for the healing arts and learning brought her to India, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Being a lifelong swimmer, she brings a profound awareness of the body’s innate healing abilities to her work.
To register, please sign up below.
Some examples of my class series include the following:
- Balancing your 7 chakras
- Toning and strengthening
- Tonifying the lungs
- Opening the heart
- Releasing fear and opening to trust
- Managing stress and anxiety
- Embody your power
Join us for yoga class every Thursday in my yurt in NE Portland from 7-8:30pm. Drop-ins welcome.
- Single class: $15
- 4-class pass: $40
- 10-class pass: $100
I accept cash, credit card and PayPal at the door.
However, the yurt capacity is 15 people. Pay now to reserve your spot at next Thursday’s class.